Paper is sooooo limiting!
Just an initial thought. Having to produce books in paper is so limiting because …
- The set-up costs are never that low.
- You never know how many to print in advance so you either overstock or run out.
- There is never enough bookshelf space in any bookshop to hold more than a fraction of what’s available.
- Paper doesn’t keep that well because of low levels of acid in most papers; they very slowly rot away – no legacy there!
- They are really bulky and heavy. A lightweight e-book reader can carry dozens of books and fit into one large pocket.
And so it goes on …
Whereas, by comparison, e-books are easier to produce, store and distribute.
More on this theme later …