click here for details and one month FREE TRIAL).
We are members of the IPG (Independent Publishers Guild).
We are seeking new and established authors. Have you written a non-fiction books that shares your experiences and expertise? Do get in touch. For fiction, we are keen to support unpublished authors. More generally, we believe in freedom of expression so favour editing with a light touch and shun political correctness.
What are you looking for?
Let’s home in on your particular situation so we can better direct you to relevant information…
For authors at the early stages
Our aim is to help you to complete writing your book and get it published.
We also aim to help you do what needs to be done to make your book a success.
By default, we take you through a process that will lead to the publication of your book with us. However, we can also help you to self-publish or submit your book to one of the major publishing houses.
As a first step we suggest that you sign up for Author Membership which only cost £19 per year (click here for details and 14 day FREE TRIAL).
For that you get access to step-by-step guides plus on-line resources such as downloadable documents plus videos and, not least, access to a forum where you can post requests for help and support.
For authors getting ready to publish
If you have a completed manuscript, or one that is nearly finished, then now is a good time to get the publishing process under way.
If all you want is an initial assessment that’s fine. Just contact us about it using the form on this page.
If your manuscript is in a finished state, apart from a final round of edits and checks, then it’s probably best to sign up so we can get the work under way because it does take time to complete the preparation work.
We do the following…
- Conduct manuscript checks (copy editing and proof reading available at extra cost).
- Format the files ready for printing and ebook production. Insert and format any illustrations (we have guidelines on how best to submit them).
- Allocate an ISBN (an international standard number for book identification) for each edition.
- Create files for the front and back covers.
- Produce proof copies for checking and pre-publication reviews.
- Create individual author web site page(s) to publicise you and your book.
- Publish and distribute through multiple channels.
When we publish your book you also benefit from the following..
- Copies available to the author at special rates (typically much more favourable than self-publishing).
- Genuine Print on Demand (PoD) where you can buy as many or as few copies as you want when you want.
- Distributing and selling your book through multiple channels for eBooks and paper book editions – and audiobook where applicable.
- Ongoing support promoting your book. This is very much a collaborative effort.
- Order sales and fulfilment. We handle all orders for your books.
- Collecting payments and processing royalties from sales – split 50:50 with author.
For authors who have already published
We are regularly approached for help by authors who have had problems with self-publishing.
If you have had disappointing results or other problems we are happy to do a free assessment with a view to identifying what may be done to deal with the issues.
As one author said “The trouble is that you don’t know what you don’t know” so sometimes there can be fairly simple measures that make a big difference.
In other cases it can be more cost effective for us to re-publish a new version of the book under our umbrella.
Just contact us for a free assessment if you have a self-published book that you need help with. Contact us about it using the form on this page.
We recognise that some authors would rather self-publish than publish with us or any other publisher.
For that reason we offer a basic self-publish package that deals with things that most self-publishing authors don’t want to handle for themselves.
For further details click here.